Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Self portrait Tuesday- Introduce yourself




I all ready confessed to my love of nacho cheese food, so what else can I tell you?

I hate driving it terrifies me! I didn’t start driving until I was 30 and moved to a city with awful public transport. Out of fear, I get road rage when I see others driving irresponsibly. I am not proud of this fact but I must own it. My son has outed me as a road rage sufferer on more than one occasion. Once while we were in the car with my in-laws a truck cut us off. His little three-year-old voice chimed out from his car seat, “You jack-ass! That’s what you say when someone does that right mom.” Gulp.

I am a huge daydreamer. Sometimes I am so immersed in my thoughts that I completely forget what I am doing and where I am going.

I love musicals. I know they can be cheesy but I just love ‘em. I want to jump out of my seat and run on stage, shove the lead out of the way and sing and dance. It just looks like so much fun!

I am an aromatherapy nut. It really has a strong effect on me!!! My favorite scent is a mix of lavender, orange, and geranium.

I wanted to be an actress when I was young. I was too afraid to tell my parents and go for it so it has been an unrealized dream. I am thinking of taking drama classes and trying to do regional theatre. I think stage performing would just be so amazing!

My dad died a year ago last month and I still think about him every day. I often forget he is gone and have to remind myself which makes me sad all over again.

I obsess over the size of my thighs. It is a daily struggle.

9 Comments:

Blogger meghan said...

All of the way through that post I said, 'me, too!' I am terrified of driving (i did a whole post on it!) I love musicals and I desperately wanted to be an actress as a kid. I used to be in musicals in school but stopped when I got to university. Hmmm... looks like I need to come over there or you need to come to London - we'll go out for nachos and do a play (taking the train, of course!!)

P.S. Yes, please! (the training sheet) I actually just emailed you something yesterday but in case you didn't figure out it was me, my address is meg at randomlychallenged dot com.

P.P.S. I loved that picture - you are beautiful!!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look fierce in this photo woman..roowhrr! I also had a case of the "me-too's" with this list. I don't drive, yum aromatherapy, and my thighs, oh the animals, natural phenomena and food items I have used to describe them.

10:50 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

oh honey, look at that GORGEOUS face. i miss it. i want to put it in my hands and kiss you all over your face!!!!

isn't she a hottie everyone? i know, i know...and she always has been. even in 5th grade, darn her.

all the older boys wanted her in Highschool. am i in trouble for saying so???

okay missy. lets look at tickets so i can kiss your face and your tattoo.

i still cannot believe you're driving. I totally cracked up out loud about Dace saying "Jack Ass" and his comment afterwards. i could TOTALLY see your face turning ruby red.

i love you.

1:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

What a great list!! I love getting a deeper insight into who you are, you sounds so fascinating already and it just keeps getting better! Love the photo as well. Let me know when your first stage performance is- I'll so be there!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger meghan said...

hi there - me again!

I just emailed you via your link on your website - I'd LOVE to meet up with you in London!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i loved what you said about
the road rage...teeheehee...

and i feel the same way about
wishing i was an actor
although i couldn't carry a note
to save my soul...i don't honestly
even know what "carry a note" means.

and i'm sorry that you lost your dad.
that must be hard.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

The first one made me laugh out loud.

Every day I think I better stop my potty mouth before the first string of words from my now 14 month old will be profanities.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Letha, you are gorgeous! and i really do think you should do that drama course - what an amazing adventure that would be.... and i was nodding with the driving comments - i'm 33 and i still haven't passed my test - how tragic is that?! every time i learn i just chicken out - perhaps it's just not meant to be ? :-)
Sx

12:39 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this picture is beautiful. i love the mirror images...
i can so relate to the desire to push the lead out of the way and take over during a musical! we will have to bond about this next week!
and the need to remind yourself that he is gone. yes. that is such a hard part my dear...so very hard.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home