Friday, April 14, 2006

Grateful Friday


• The public library, I am currently having an affair with the brand new, beautiful public library in my neighborhood. The building is just beautiful; it’s made of wood, steel, and rock and has a grass roof. They had artists coordinate with the architects to build art into the building. It is beautiful and a great place to hang out and write or sketch people without their knowing it. I have been ordering books and book tapes by the load!!

• My husband’s Tutu, which is Hawaiian for grandma. She lived in Hawaii when my husband was growing up so we all call her Tutu. My husband lived in London and would spend summers in Hawaii with her. Not to shabby. Anyway, she is brilliant!! She is brave, loving, generous, kind, funny, spirited, intelligent and supportive. I am so lucky to have married into her family!


• My studio outside in my soon to be wonderful backyard (am in the process of landscaping it complete with waterfall into pond). I think that might show up on every grateful post I write. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for it. I had a studio downtown in the hip art area; it was expensive, impossible to park, smaller, and too dangerous to be there alone late at night. I am so grateful for my little oasis right out my back door!

• Meeting Liz and deciding to start our own mini art fest here once a month. It was wonderful to meet someone and feel a connection right away…a nice side effect of blogging, we had a head start. It was such a gift to take some of this cyber support and bring it into the “real” world! Any of you beauties that are in the Pacific Northwest, or want to come visit (Denise!) are welcome!!

• The camaraderie of women. I think women working together, supporting and inspiring one another can accomplish anything!! I am so grateful for all the wonderful and amazing women in my life.

• The flowers popping up in my garden and elsewhere around town.

• Laini being so kind too write me a generous and helpful email and invite me to a Children’s Book meeting despite my inexperience. Can’t wait to meet you!

• My mom for all her help sewing!!! She is the original, and much nicer, Martha Stewart.

• My in-laws for taking my son on a train trip to Canada this week. Ever since we came back from England my son has been obsessed with and missed riding trains. He was SO excited to go he didn’t sleep the night before.

• That I get to have a day FOR ME today! I am heading downtown to get a haircut, sit in one of my favorite coffee shops and read and write, people watch (one of my favorite things), go by the British import shop and buy a box of 40 PG tips for $10…scandalous! Go too the Market and buy flowers (they have HUGRE bouquets foor really cheap) and meet my sister for dinner and a movie.

I hope you all have a wonderful, magical day too!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

beautiful.
i can't wait to get together to create!!! i am so grateful for connecting with you as well.
and i hope you day is full of delight and fun and deep breaths.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Ten dollars for a box of PG Tips? that's outrageous!! i'll have to send you some :-) thank you for your lovely comments you left on my blog today Letha. I love your paintings - you have such a talent, i'm so pleased to have found your blog...
Sx

12:47 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

what are PG Tips? ;)

yummy grateful list. so, so happy that you are swimming around such goodness.

do tell what film you saw...

a haircut, dinner and a movie sounds so delicious to me and oh so girlie!

12:56 PM  
Blogger meghan said...

PG TIPS FOR $10???? Ridiculous.

My heart is wailing a little right now in jealousy - that all of you are in the sameish area and can meet. I am deeply jealous. Someday I will be right smack dab in the middle of all of you!!!

I loved reading this list - you sound lots better!! xoxoxoxoxoxoox

4:18 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a great gratitude list.

Your day today sounds DIVINE!

I wish I lived close enough to come play!

5:07 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i wanna come for artfest...
wahhhhhh...

and i love how you included the
photo of you at work...

great list!

:)

5:58 PM  
Blogger M said...

Where have you and your family lived so far?? You keep dropping names, I'd love to hear more about each place you've been! Love your grateful list, so many wonderful people in your life. And your necklaces were gorgeous!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Letha, I hope you ARE coming to the children's book conference -- I'm really looking forward to meeting you! I'm also intrigued by your mini-artfest, having been regretting missing it, so maybe I'll invite myself up when you do it. (I just met Liz this week too!)

Can't wait to see pictures of your studio -- oh, and the last painting your posted is so incredibly well-rendered and beautiful. Wow!

4:37 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

Where are you, shnookies??

Did the public library swallow you up? I wouldn't be surprised if you had found a mountain of books to feed that brilliant brain of yours.

*smile*

miss you girrrrl.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home