Friday, March 17, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane


I am heading out and away from the gray North West skies for a little R&R in Mexico!! I am bringing no make-up, tons o' sunscreen, books, flip flops and hats, my sketch book and colored pencils. It has been a while since I just relaxed....I don't do that nearly enough. Do any of us? Just give ourselves permission to take a day and just be. Need to do that more when I get back.

On this trip I get to realize a life-long dream, to swim with dolphins! I have loved dolphins and felt a connection to them my whole life and have always wished to interact with them. They have visited me in my dreams from time to time and even that has been magic! This will be great. We are going too a group that studies them and the dolphins are all volunteers!! They keep coming back to participate. This makes me all the more excited as it doesn't feel touristy and like we are exploiting them. My son is having a day long class on conservation, dolphins and their habitat etc and then get to swim with them too.

I wish you could all come with me! It has been such a joy and pleasure meeting and connecting with you all! Megg, M, La vie en rose, Liz, Thea, Sarah, and of course my beautiful Bohemian girl to name but a few! I really appreciate you all embracing me so warmly and making me feel welcome in this community of dynamic and beautiful spirits! Have a wonderful week girlies and I look forward to catching up when I get back!

7 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

we'll miss you like crazy.

please give a dolphin a kiss for me on its cute nose.

i have a connection to them as well. introduced and inspired by YOU in high school, of course.

i went to Monterey Bay Aquarium once and when i put my hands up to the circle shaped window of the dolphin tank, two of them came swimming over to me, pushing their noses against the glass. my eyes started filling with tears. the lady up above feeding them leaned down and said..."they usually don't do that...they're communicating with you." since then, i have wanted to swim with them.

so...i will just live vicariously through you.

give Tay and Dacey a hug for me (and for you).

safe, blessed, dream~filled journey my love.

11:57 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

I wish you a ownderful, replenishing trip. I am so jealous of your time spent with the dolphins. A friend of mine's friend was swimming with dolphins once and they kept coming up to her and gently tapping her tummy. It was only afterwards that she found out she was pregnant - the dolphins KNEW!! I just think that they are amazing.

I've enjoyed meeting you too - and I am excited to get to know you better - have a wonderful time & fill us all in when you get back!! xo

12:44 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh I so want to swim with the dolphins! I have been on a few whale watches in cape cod and love when the dolphins swim buy with their pods. They are beautiful alone but there is a magic in seeing them all together too.

Have a blast girl.

I am so happy we are all connected too.

Hugs

12:53 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

I hope you have the most wonderful time. A much deserved rest in the sun. And it is fantastic that you will have a dream come true on this trip. Swimming with those gorgeous creatures. Have so much fun! And I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. (Please bring some sun back with you!)

6:44 PM  
Blogger M said...

Have a brilliant trip!! Cannot wait to hear all about it. Send us a link too of the place you are going with the dolphins...they are so cute!! I got to see some in NZ and fell in love. Haven't got to swim with them yet, but I hear its amazing!! Have fun! Take tons of pics. I wish I could come too!!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, swimming with the dolphins sounds spectacular! Enjoy it enough for all of us!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear what the dolphins are like. Heard the most amazing story recently about a whale that was trapped in fishing nets and was freed by a marine mammal rescue group, and after they had cut it free, actually in the water with it so that if it had thrashed around it easily could have killed them -- before it swam away it bumped each of them gently in turn, as if to say thank you. Don't know if it's true, but it brought tears to my eyes.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home