Thursday, March 09, 2006

Some things are always good



Some things are always good.

Buying yourself flowers to brighten up a cold, wet and windy day.

Aroma therapy, especially my favorite mix of lavender, orange, and geranium.

Lighting candles all over the house just because they're beautiful.

English breakfast tea with soy milk. (because you can't find pg tips here unless your willing to pay $9 at an import shop!)

A visit from a old friend.

A long indulgent milk bath with candles and your favorite music.

A great book.

Feeling understood, supported and loved.

Hugs.

Helping out a friend.

Knowing you are blessed to do what you love for a living.

Having a tribe you love and are constantly amazed by. The bond between women is really extraordinary!

Knowing you are happy and lucky.


Pale pink tulips in a vintage vase (from my mom who also knows what is always good)

7 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh these flowers are beautiful. makes me want to hop into the car and just head to market to buy some today. i bet they have gorgeous spring flowers at pike place even though it snowed (yes SNOWED) here today.
this list is wonderful...and gives another glimpse into who you are.

1:54 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

those flowers are gorgeous!

i love the first ones against your blue wall. it really makes the colors pop in the bouquet.

your list is yummy and very you. everytime i went to your house, it smelled of incense and candles.

i will send you an email now.

i love you!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

Fabulous website - just beautiful! Testimony to your talent. I agree - the tulips are lovely, as is the vase. I will return later to read some archives.

2:49 AM  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

Another good thing... following your nose from another blog, and finding something and someone new. This is wonderful, and I've been looking at your first post, and could so relate to the fears and doubts you express. I deleted twice before I actually allowed myself to post my first blog entry. But you have already identified the community (I love your word "tribe") that supports and welcomes us all.

7:02 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

What a lovely list! Thank you for the jolt of remembering about the little things. I LOVE flowers so much I have dedicated whole posts to them before - so thank you for sharing your cheery ones!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger M said...

You can buy PG Tips up here in Vancouver, BC for $3.50 Cdn for a huge box...want me to send some down??!! Love the tulips, my favorite flower. Love your list too!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I LOVE tulips. I almost bought some at the grocery store last week but they didn't seem like they had a lot of life in them at the store I was at.

Both of those bouquets are gorgeous. I think I will buy myslef some this weekend.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home