Friday, April 07, 2006

Grateful Friday



This week has been pure crap. I have had a bad attitude, a cold, PMS and entirely too much to do. Given this, I am thinking it is the perfect time for a Grateful Friday post. I am trying to turn things around.

I am hoping by listing out some of the good things, I can begin to refocus my attentions onto them. Sometimes you have to fake it first then you begin to feel it for real…right??

So, here’s to focusing on the many brilliant aspects of life, here goes.

I am thankful for all the wonderful spring flowers in all the gardens around my house and the ones all over inside my house ☺

The extra long days of the Pacific Northwest Spring and Summer. They have begun! In the summer it is light until about 10:30, it’s fabulous!!

I am thankful for a colleague of my husband’s help in making connections in Kampala, Uganda. He is introducing me to a woman from Belgium that runs a clinic for women infected with HIV/Aids. They take a holistic approach to healing and the women make art, clothes and other things to help fund the clinic. There may be a role for me to play when I get there which would be fantastic!!

I am thankful Denise have found peace and is feeling supported by those that love and care for her.

I am thankful that we have a three-week European trip coming up this June.

I am so thankful for all of my mom’s help with sewing and gardening and a zillion other things.

I am thankful for so many wonderful, inspirational and supportive friends. Most of them live in other states and countries but I am so grateful to have their touch and example in my life.

My new Karen Ann CD and that I still understand the French on it.

Candles, aromatherapy, bubble baths and the occasional brainless chic-lit book.

My studio, my own private sacred space to play, spill, create, hide, be raw, inspire, let go, develop, grow and explore.

My wonderful, magic, handful, and miracle, my son. A thousand times my son…

That everyone I love is healthy!

This wonderful group of bloggers that have become a source of support, friendship, kinship, inspiration and humor.

Ok, I feel better! I am going to go make a margaritas with this amazing Tequilla and flower liquor we got in Mexico, simply the best, and that outta help push me the rest of the way over the ledge. The clouds are parting.

5 Comments:

Blogger meghan said...

hi there!! I loved this! I loved that you were NOT in a gratitude place and that you made yourself make a list. Do you feel better??! I have missed checking in on you, I'll be back more often, I PROMISE!! xoxo

2:47 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

hurray!
great list
and i loved the
sometimes you gotta fake it first
to feel it...
that is so true
:)

glad to see the sun coming thru for you.

and really,
it stays light that long???
hol-eee.

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love the same books. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

ooohhhh...yummy yummy list.

lots of goodies there.

i am so impressed that you came up with a list despite not feelin' it. it seemed like your list started pouring from you, once you set your mind to finding the joy.

(((thank u for being happy about my peace)))

love, love, love you.

10:51 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

just found your blog via liz (we did artfest together) and i've really enjoyed reading your day to days, your struggles, your joys, your art. you are and inspiration to me!!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home