Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Scribblings- Mysteries


This Sunday Scribbling topic of “Mysteries” is apropos to my current mind set. I am pondering the mysteries in my life and about life these days with increasing frequency. Mysteries both great and small. I feel as though I have been circling myself in my head, chasing my imaginary tail so to speak.

Here are just a few that I have been pondering:

I would love to know with certainty what happens when we die. Where do we go and what type of awareness is there? I would like to know if the beliefs that I always thought I had and totally accepted are true. Is there peace? Do we receive answers? Can we meet those we love and admire there? I have seesawed with this one a lot this last year.

I want to understand my reason for being here. Am I on the right path? Am I contributing what I am supposed to? How can I really make a difference?

Will my career take off and will I be successful by my own definition? Will others respond to and appreciate my paintings and boutique?

Will we be moving to Africa? Can I handle all that that brings with it?

How can I better manage my time and my endless to-do list?

Where DO the missing socks go? I have been doing a lot of laundry this weekend getting ready for our trip and we have so many missing! How does this happen??

Will my show be well received?


It has been pretty exhausting being in my head this week. I have been alone in my studio, painting like crazy, not interacting with many people and pondering my own personal mysteries and life’s greater ones. I have not been having much success in finding resolutions. It is a great time for a vacation, to get out of my head and away from my chores. I hope so at any rate as we leave Tuesday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

ooh, i'd love to hear more about your possible move to Africa... so it's handy i'll be seeing you on Friday :-) absolutely can't wait! have a good flight, petal....
Sx

10:56 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

this is why London has come at the most perfect time. you need this. you've been working so hard lately. i am so thrilled about this trip for you. perhaps you'll find some answers there.

can i hop on the flight with you and come along??

xo,
deni

12:30 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I think mystery like you expressed is what keeps us moving forward, instead of just sitting down to wallow in the answers.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh, I do so hope that we can be reunited with loved ones who have gone before us. To be able to see my mother once again would be sheer bliss!

And I have no idea where those socks go. My daughters insist on having hundreds of pairs, each with a different print/design! This makes laundry hell for me. I seriously have a "sock basket" where I put all the lonely socks. Only once in a while are they reunited with the matching one!

Happy vacation to you, lucky girl!

xoxo

2:42 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Ah...I share in wondering about

death, my to do list and those dang missing socks!

I am sure your art will be received with joy and admiration.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

No kidding - where do those socks go!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, Africa? Do tell!

Your art is wonderful...amazing...and your questions have an energy to them that is bound to bring beauty into your life.

Enjoy your vacation! xoxo

9:15 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

These questions tell of a vibrant life in full bloom...some I wonder myself, "Will my careet take off and will I be successful by my own definition?". Others, "Will we be moving to Africa?"...I would love to have to ask. Thank you for this post...

12:27 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh, you made me think of the album, God Shuffled His Feet by the Crash Test Dummies. The only time phalanges has ever been used in a song, I do believe (which may appeal to your love of hands!). It's a very cool existential album just brimming with these questions and a great sense of humor stirring them all together. You can play it whilst you spin around the kitchen perhaps...
Thanks for the smile...

10:29 AM  
Blogger Ali Ambrosio said...

So, is moving to Africa really on your radar? If so, how exciting. I made the move over a year ago and now live in Mozambique. I moved not for my job, but because I felt a stirring in my soul and the need for another adventure. Now it looks like I'll be here for another 5 years at least!

If it's just a far-away thought...keep those dreams coming! That's how my move started, with an idea that I wanted to come to Portuguese-speaking Africa...and now, 3 years later - it's true!

Thanks for sharing this and your other mysteries.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Marcheline said...

I find it odd that we are afraid of where we might "go" when we die, when we're not all upset about the thought of where we were before we were born.

If you think about where you were before you were born, it seems that it must have been okay, right? It must have been peaceful and exactly where you needed to be at the time, until it was time to move on and be born here on earth.

So why do we think it will be any different when it's time to move on from here to the next plane of existence (or non-existence)?

It will be just as right and natural as before you were born - just as right and natural as your life here now - it will be just as it should be.

Anyone who tries to make you afraid of what comes next is selling something.

- M

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home