Monday, May 22, 2006

It's in the air


I think there is something in the air today. A tenderness that floats about like mist and we are all breathing it in. It has been gripping at my heart all day today. I have noticed others feeling the same. Raw emotions that are making their presence felt and will not be denied. This picture is another unfinished piece for my upcoming show. It is about sorrow and the process of moving through that emotion. It felt like a good image to share today, a visual explanation of swirling feeling.

It is strange how an emotion can take hold of you and move you through so many different places. It is like a dance in which you are spun and most certainly led from one place to another. One thing is for sure; you do not end up where you started.

I spent an hour or so looking through poetry books this evening. I was looking for some words to comfort a friend that were stated more eloquently and beautifully than I could ever manage. Nothings felt quite and so I was left with only my own voice. I hope it provided some comfort. In my search I came across this and thought I’d share it here…

My help is in the mountain
where I take myself to heal
the earthly wounds
that people give to me.

I find a rock with sun on it,
and a stream where the water runs gentle,
and the trees which one by one
give me company.

So must I stay for a long time,
until I have grown from the rock,
and the stream is running through me,
and I cannot tell myself from one tall tree.

Then I know that nothing touches me,
Nor makes me run away.
My help is in the mountain
that I take away with me.
By Nancy Wood

Here are a few pictures of my desk in my studio for the beuty with ink on her fingers :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Letha, this is an amazing painting, i love it - and your work space, so organised :-) thank you for sharing these, and your tender words...
Sx

2:25 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

Leth,
This poem has touched me as deep as a well.

My help is in the mountain, my ocean of tears and in your words of comfort. So healing as I read them.

And your painting...is moving and beautiful and powerful. It makes me feel full inside knowing that those that see this will be touched and not feel alone in a similar journey.

Love,
Den xo

4:43 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

p.s. i love the freshness and creativity of your studio. i can see why you want to spend oodles of time there.

4:45 AM  
Blogger M said...

Your painting is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the final product. There is always so much emotion in your work, it amazes me.
And I was touched by you SS post as well, such an important cause,I'll be on those sites today learning as much as I can.

9:32 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

you have captured the feelings of grief, sadness, and the quiet that one sits in as these feelings wash over...
and this poem...i love it...beautiful my friend. thank you for sharing it.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Tender paintings and heartfelt poem...

Tenderness....is such an invaluable thing.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

i love peering into artist studios... so inspiring!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home