Friday, May 12, 2006

Grateful Friday


I love grateful Friday. It is not that I am always overflowing with gratitude, hardly but that’s the beauty of it. It’s a weekly reminder to focus on all the glorious things in life. Even if I start my day in a less than grateful mindset, a few minutes into my list making I am feeling better. Feeling grateful!

Today I am feeling grateful for:

My beautiful son. He is so much fun and such a delight. I learn from him everyday.

My home. I love being home, almost too much. I love that we are creating a sanctuary for our family. That is reflects who we are, it is colorful, it is warm, it is HOME.

My new running partner. I meet her Wednesday and Friday mornings. It is making me get moving again which is a very good thing.

My mom and for all the ways she uses her creativity to help us.

The taste of coffee and tea, I know it isn’t good for you but to me it is like a warm blanket. It is comfort on a chilly day.

Our upcoming trip to London and Paris!! Megg, I can’t wait to meet you in London and have a pint!

Art dates with my new friends Liz and the private yoga lessons she is going to give me! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful for those!

French lesson pod casts.

My husband’s grandmother for taking me to her friends bead shop and helping me to make beautiful necklaces.

6 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Great list and beautiful necklace. I really love the reds and browns together.

Oh what I wouldn't do for a running partner!

Mine is 6 months pregnant so no running for her:)

I too find Grateful Friday helps me feel happier.

11:01 AM  
Blogger M said...

What a beautiful necklace! And a wonderful list, I can feel the joy coming through the screen. So so jealous you are going to Europe!! And your private yoga lessons with Liz. Hope you have a great weekend in the sunshine- you guys are getting it in Seattle too right?? isn't it amazing!?!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

When are you coming to London??? i'd love to come and say hello too!
Sx

2:19 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

What a great list!!!!!

My weekend that I probably can actually come to London is June 17 & 18. Will you be there then?! Ooh! and if Susannah can come, that would be amazing - I think I might actually cry from excitement.

xoxo

2:51 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

I am so grateful for you...my dear, new friend. How blessed I am to have connected with you...

And these lists always give me another new glimpse into who you are...

4:21 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

your dresses remind so much of one of my favorite portland desingers. she even made my wedding dress for me! you should check her out at www.kara-line.com

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home