Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Self portrait Tuesday- Introduce yourself



A recently finished self portrait, one down nine to go!


The Boho girl has tagged me, so I too will combine this week’s introduction with her do/don’t list. Here goes:

I do like learning new things
I don’t like how long it takes me to learn them, I am a slow learner.

I do like Motown
I don't like rap.

I do like cooking.
I don't like baking, I stink at it.

I do like having so many amazing girl friends.
I don’t like being so far away from everyone.

I do like reading books at night before bed.
I don’t like how quickly I seem to be falling asleep lately!

I do like beautiful spring days! Especially here when the mountains are still snow topped and the water is so blue.
I don’t like really hot days and too much sun. Do you think that will be a problem in Africa?

I do like dogs and cats.
I don’t like having to clean up their fur and poop.

I do like having long hair.
I don’t like the time it takes to blow it dry!

I do like having curves and being a woman.
I don’t like my thighs!

I do like taking road trips.
I don’t like driving.

I do like eating healthy and taking care of my body.
I don’t like diets.

I do like being open and honest with friends and family.
I don’t like when people are not open and are defensive and attacking.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, this a fantastic painting, so ethereal and yes sexy at the same time. I love this list, a nice little peek into who you are.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

wow what an awesome painting!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I love the painting- great detail and it conveys feeling so well.

I love the list.

I like baking better than cooking...

Guess I should go finish mine

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Another person who dislikes driving. You and me, Letha...we're likethis.

And you are SOO TALENTED. Your paintings are gorgeous. :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Great list, Letha! And the painting is beautiful, such a realistic touch, and so sensual. Great!

3:23 PM  
Blogger M said...

What beautiful paintings! And I love the list too- especially the part about not liking diets. I too am loving the spring just north of you, aren't we so lucky to be on the west coast!?!

4:02 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wowzers...
amazing self portrait.
holy.

and the list is great...
:)

6:02 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

a recently FINISHED! bravo! beautiful. i love your raw, brave, honesty that shines through in this piece my dear.

and this list..another glimpse into who you are.

emailing you about thursday right after i type in the word verification below :)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Letha, this is such a powerful painting - and the way you painted the fabric, the sheerness, the details - beautiful!
Sx

3:51 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

you never cease to amaze me with your talent, leth.

i know...i was drooling over the sheer fabric, mouth wide open and saying..."HOW did she dooooo that??!?!?!?!"

you are my Art~Goddess.

love your cool listie.

love you.

7:20 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

holy crap. you are a talented, talented woman! i love your painting. wow. wow!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful self portrait!

I found your blog via a mutual blog-friend...

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home