Saturday, February 17, 2007

2nd Anniversary

2nd Anniversary

Little girl
twirl, twirl, twirl
doing my tricks
oh please watch me
approve

I wish you would pick me up
spin me around
take me with you, one of our drives
hold me close so I can smell your after-shave
I could always smell you coming down the hall

Later, drinks by the Bay
secret lunches
long talks and walks
faxes and emails, technology is our friend
helps you hide
our relationship
from your relationship
stolen moments and secrets make me feel
like a bastard

Folded up
all in you
from you
for you
a fragile paper sculpture
that should be carved in stone

Crinkled and creased
all on my own
I forgive you
I am you

9 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i love you letha... tears are falling .. i get it.. i really do xo

2:26 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh baby-this poem is beautiful and breaks my heart.

I am hugging and loving you from here.

Call me if you need.

Thinking and dancing for you

XOXOXO

6:07 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i can only imagine how it felt to write these words. but how powerful that you put them out in to the world. to echo thea, a heartbreaking, beautiful poem.
the last stanza is incredible letha.

sending you peace...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Uber Mer said...

Oh Leth, this made me a little hearbroken. I wish I could give you a hug.

I'm thinking of you, and sending you good vibes.
xo Mer

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful and raw....what else to say except sending you love and xoxoxoxoxo's

9:40 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

so incredible ... beautiful and painful ... warm hugs, xox

1:47 PM  
Blogger Frida World said...

wow, what a powerful poem. what a brave, strong and wonderful choice you are making in those final lines.

xx

2:09 AM  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

Sending you hugs and love...

5:15 PM  
Blogger mccabe said...

this is so raw, so beautifully honest, and real...

i read through it a couple times.
i love the way you express yourself...

mccabe x

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home