Thursday, February 08, 2007

















The beautiful and talented Roma has tagged me, so here are six strange things about me.

1. The world in my head, my imagination, seems more real to me than the “real world” a lot of the time. This is especially true when I have been painting (or another type of work like sculpture or mixed media) for long periods of time. I will find it really hard to do day-to-day things like drive or cook. It is hard for me to keep my thoughts out of the clouds and in my body. It is why I lit four fires in my house between Dec-Jan. I am a danger to myself!

2. I can do a mean impression of a dolphin. My husband thinks it is hysterical.

3. I can close my nostrils. I used to do it when I was a little kid when I was swimming. My dad used to ask me to do it for him all the time. He loved my nose because I get a white line across the tip every summer that just doesn't tan and could close my nostrils.

4. I used to have flying dreams all the time. They were long, very vivid and some of the best dreams I have ever had. They were so real that I can still feel what it is like to fly, like my body has a memory of doing it. I haven’t had one since my dad died.

5. When I was little I used to love eating raw bacon and raw potatoes. My mom used to get so angry with me for doing it but I loved them with stolen sips of my dad’s beer. Isn’t that just foul!?! I have been a vegetarian since I was 13, so the idea of it now is just horrifying!

Ok, that was a bit embarrassing but there you go!

6 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

hello sexy funky yummy lady.

okay...i NEVER knew about the dolphin thing. you must do it for me when i come out there in April.

you have such a deep connection with dolphins, i wouldn't doubt that you were one in a previous life!!

and i didn't know about the nostrils bit. these are hilarious!!!

love you xoxo

3:11 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

too funny about the nostril closing,
i wish i could do that
but i can only wiggle my ears.
heehee

and raw bacon.
wow.
with beer.
you were pretty hardcore as a kid
:)

3:28 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i think it goes without saying that you will be doing that dolphin thing for me in May! love you xo

4:02 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

oh, i love the flying dreams ... in my flying dreams, i used to swim, like i would do the breaststroke in the air (must be because i used to competative swim) and it was so beautiful, sigh ~ it has been a while since i've had those ...

the dolphin impression must be super cute :)

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't be embarressed; these are the wild and wonderful things that make us all unique...I loved reading yours!

xoxoxoxo

11:10 PM  
Blogger meghan said...

Apart from the dolphin thing (which I am excited to see!) I loved number one the best!! I love that you get so immersed that you can't come out properly. I intend that for myself someday!!!!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home