Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Self portrait Tuesday- Black and white 2


Happiness is a choice. I was reminded of that this weekend and when I was it suddenly seemed so strange that I could have ever forgotten. I have been so focused on tasks, changes and challenges that I was sinking a bit under them. I was focusing on the whole of the situation and feeling so small in light of it all. I was wishing for things to be different. I began to play those old negative and fear based tapes in my head again.

I think I finally changed the messages for good. It is such a simple concept and yet not always easy to apply. You have to do the work too.

I have been reminded that life is magic. We create our reality every moment and are the architects of our lives. The possibilities seem limitless to me again and I am full of enthusiasm for the future. I am achieving all that I have set out to do.

I know good things are manifesting in my life and that they will be beneficial for more people than just me. I can feel them growing about to break the surface just like the spring bulbs in my yard. I can sense the magic flowing into and expanding the beautiful things around me. I am filled with gratitude and anticipation of this wondrous thing that is life.

16 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

this is beautiful my love!

i love how you and I are so often in parallel head spaces. lets keep one another here...

you have manifested so many gorgeous things in your life. i cannot wait to see what is next.

love you lots and lots.

xoxox,
deni

11:51 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

p.s. oh...and such a lovely photo of you, beauteous one. xo

11:52 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

what an absolutely beautiful portrait, stunning really!!

i keep forgetting that 'happiness is a choice', thanks for the reminder ... :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Waspgoddess said...

Mmmm... so true, "happiness is a choice", I'm going to write that down and remind myself every day...

Lovely photo.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this portrait of you. And happiness is indeed a choice, but one we sometimes forget. Thanks for the reminder. I'm happy at the moment, but could laugh a little more, so that's what I'll do :)

XO Sophie

12:58 PM  
Blogger Uber Mer said...

Letha ~

You look absolutely stunning in this photo. I love your dark hair with your eyes. lovely!

As far as happiness being a choice, you're absolutely right. I sometimes have to remind myself to see the good, and let things go.

I'm glad to hear the good things are in your life. You deserve it darlin.

Be well.

~ Mer

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are beautiful! I love the softness and quietness of this photo. xo

7:05 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

What a beautiful, glamorous photo. I love how there's a softness to it but also a directness. This is a photo of a fascinating woman.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

What a beautiful self-portrait...so soft and dreamy! And I love your post too. I agree with you.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i love these postive life-affirming words... and you are so beautiful Leth, you really are xo

2:58 AM  
Blogger luzie said...

you look ravishing in the picture, letha. and i agree wholeheartedly with you take on happiness. it is indeed a conscious choice, a choice which enriches life in a magical and intoxicating way.

xo

5:09 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Wow you are so freakin gorgeous love.

Really beautiful photo.

I see the spring bulbs and the rest of the growth too:)

Love you

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish for wonderful manifestation of this magic for you!!!!!

You are gorgeous!!!

Happy V-day..xoxoxoxo

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you redefine tortured artist.

10:15 PM  
Blogger claireylove said...

Wow~Wow~Wow!!!
Beautiful face, beautiful picture and beautiful words.
Thank you for the lift :-)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Frida World said...

Thank you for sharing this uplifting, affirming post. I need frequent reminding that I can choose happiness.

That is one of the loveliest and most emotionally tender portraits I have seen for a very long time. What a beauty you are inside and out.

xx

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home