Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Self portrait Tuesday- "With someone"


This is a picture of me and my husband's Tutu. Tutu is grandmother in Hawaiian, where she lived for years overlooking Diamond Head beach. She is an amazing woman and over the last nine years I have grown to love her deeply. She has so many characteristics that I hope to bring more fully into my life. I thought I would share a few:

She is one of the most adventurous people I know. She has been everywhere and has made friends on her travels that she still keeps in touch with, meeting people in Argentina, Ethiopia, Morocco, Egypt, and Europe. She will tell us she went to some little crazy hotel in town to meet them and look t the beads, paper goods and/or fabrics that they brought from home.

She is really one of the least judgmental people I have ever known, it must be where my husband gets it.

She still has a child-like enthusiasm to her that is beautiful to see, she gets excited about so many things.

She notices the beauty around here and really drinks it in....always!

She is loving, kind and generous.

She is wonderfully creative and a brilliant story-teller.

I could continue for days to talk about this amazing and inspirational woman, I love her madly!

7 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

i hope to meet her in person someday and give her a warm squeeze.

look how pretty you two are in this picture.

you know i love you in curls...

xoxoxox snuggles,
deni

10:50 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

so sweet. i love my tutu, too. there is so much to learn from them.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

What a warm portrait of the two of you...I loved this. She sounds like quite an inspiration!

2:55 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

love this relationship that you have with her. it is beautiful. you could write books about her (and maybe you should).

and this picture is fantastic! i hope she has a copy too!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

i love my grannie for exactly the same reasons.....people and may i say women of that particular generation have so much to give and to offer us. i love the stories that my Grandmother tells me....the stories of the bombings in London during the 2nd WW are incredible.

Your Tutu looks everything that you described her as....beautiful and full of wisdom. i'd love to sit around a fire with her one night and let her stories begin! what a night that would be!

gorgeous photo, Letha.

xxx

8:13 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Oh look at you two dolls together! Beauty, wisdom and womanliness, all wrapped up in the bond of family... love to you monkey x

10:32 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

She sounds like a wonderful lady. Beautiful photo, you can see her light in her smile.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home