Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My show


I am home from my show.

It was a wonderful opening (despite the massive cold I developed the previous morning...hello stress), and a lot of people came.

It was a strange feeling not knowing many people. I guess that will become a more common experience as I show in different states and places where I have not lived. I was able to walk around and watch people look at my paintings and discussing them without their knowing I was the artist. It was fun to be so incognito!

I was in one of the artist’s studios in the back with a friend while she set up a time to have a cast of her nipple made in silver to turn into a pendant when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and say a sweet smiling face that I kept thinking looked familiar. It was one of my oldest and dearest friends that flew out to surprise and support me. It is funny how when you see someone so out of context, it takes a minute for your brain to figure it out. It was amazing to have her there!!! I was blown away by her show of love and friendship; she is such an amazing friend.

So, I huddled with her, my other dear friend from art school and a few of her friends and watched the show while I sucked on cough drops and drank wine (don't try it).

You can check out some pics at http://www.kayogallery.com There is a slide show of pictures from the opening night that should be up soon (it is currently still last month's show) and there are a few examples of my paintings.

I feel proud of the work. I am glad that it is done. I am ready to move on to new work and new things. I started a new painting last night and it felt great to be working again.

8 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Congratulations!! Well done. I hope you have time to have a celebration at home, to recognize all the work you've put into this. I wish I could come see it, but I will go on the site for sure!
Hope you are feeling better.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Oh Letha, how exciting! I would love the incognito thing...maybe even make a comment or two to see peoples reactions. Too fun :)

Congrats girl...a job well done!!!

xxx d

10:56 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

Yay! Well DONE!! I know that this was a really hard one for you - good for you getting it done and being brave enough to get it all up there. I'm so glad that it went well and I am so glad that you are back! What's the next plan??

P.S. A nipple as a pendant??!??! Tell us more!!!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

ohhhh...yay for Jen and such a sweet surprise! she is indeed a wonderful friend. i want to hug her tight for that.

i am so proud of you, so in awe of your gorgeous work being shown in such a cool gallery. i look forward to another one where i can actually BE THERE standing incognito with you, listening to people praise your art. how completely fun.

i cannot wait to see your new pieces.

it is time to take some breaths and relax into a new journey.

i miss you love. lets talk soon...

xoxoxoxo,
deni

5:31 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Congrats. You must feel so proud.

6:34 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

yay!
this is so great!
i'm happy that it went so well
for you and that you enjoyed yourself...
can't wait to see what
comes next
:)

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting--yay! I'm so thrilled that it went well for you...and I am even more thrilled that you've started a new work. Wonderful, wonderful.

9:02 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am glad it went well my dear. i have been thinking about you so much...i want to hear all about it soon.
love to you,
liz

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home