Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It’s time to take a closer look.




It’s time to take a few minutes and focus on my life and all the wonderful things in it. I haven’t made time for a gratitude list in far too long. Inspired by the beautiful Boho, I watched The Secret last night. I reminded me how important gratitude, joy, and the quality of our thoughts are.

We manifest our lives daily, hourly, and from moment to moment!!

I have spent much of the last year in a self-imposed exile. Hiding in my studio with my paint and my pain. Peeling back layers of protection that I had spent years building up. Loosing my dad made me look at my life; what was working, what was not, what I really want and what I no longer will tolerate. I tied the process closely with the creation of the paintings for my show.

The paintings are complete, ready to be wrapped up and shipped out to the gallery. Hopefully, they will find new homes, new people to interact with and lead their own lives. I am releasing them. I am letting go.

It seems like the perfect time to release old thought patterns, to stop being mean to myself and doubting myself so much. To turn the life I am manifesting to joy, lightness, play, beauty, and service.

To that end, I am blowing off the dust from my happy thoughts. It is ok to feel good. It is ok to like myself, to trust my instincts and to move on. I think my dad would approve.

Today I am thankful for:

My family. I feel so fortunate in my choice of husband. He is really the most supportive and loving of partners and he is always there for me. He let’s me have my way most of the time, always a good thing ☺ and he is helping create the most exciting and challenging life! I know he causes me to grow and be stronger that I would be without him. My son is a miracle!! He is smart, loving, creative and just pure JOY! I really feel like I was given a blessed little star baby to watch over and guide. I cannot wait to see how he uses his amazing intelligence and tremendous opportunity and exposure in his life. I see good things coming from him!

My friends. Oh my I have some of the most amazing women as friends. I am always in awe of you and learning from you and so thankful to have you in my life!!! I think there is nothing greater that the power of women supporting each other, helping each other to reach our dreams, to process our emotions and navigate this gift called life. I would love to write about you all but it would be a novel, so as a group and you know who you are…I love and honor you!!

My career. I am so very blessed to be a professional artist. There is no other way I would rather spend my time. I am honored that I can create beauty and send it off to the world. That I have been able to move people through paintings. I plan on only doing better and better work, honest work, more shows, more drawings, amazing clothes. I am so full of ideas and inspiration it is a challenge to keep up with my brain!!


The opportunity to live in Africa. I am choosing to see this as a blessing I have been given. It will be wonderful to be a part of this community, to meet and connect with the people. My son will see that not everyone lives in the same way with the same opportunities, be more aware of his blessings, and be more of a global citizen. I hope we can give back to Africa all that it will give us!!

13 Comments:

Blogger M said...

This is a beautiful post! So much love and gratefulness...it's yummy! Congratulations on getting all your pieces ready for your show, it must feel so good to have them done. Probably a bit sad to say goodbye to them too, I'm sure.
I've found a few sites I that made me think of you for your adventures in Africa, going to email them to you!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Sweet friend, this is like a powerful roar from your soul - so wonderful to see/hear/read... and my, how your beauty shines through in this picture - you are gorgeous, and i know this cos i have met you *in the flesh* so i'm not just saying it!

and i know i keep saying this, but i'm going to say it again - i really wish i could come see your show.... goddamn distance! so proud of you - i know it will be a huge success.. and such a healing experience. love you x

2:47 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

it sounds as if you have a lot of things and people to be grateful for. but they are so lucky to have you in their life too.
yes women can be a constant source of support for one another and this is something which so many of us value. i love the community of women in my life so much.

and as for the move to Africa, there is no doubt that they could not feel the benefit of your presence.

xx

4:17 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

Letha, i think we were commenting on each others' posts at the same time. great synchronicity.

BTW, just give me the nod and we'll be over for a visit!!


xxx

4:20 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Your green eyes are so full of beauty and fertile thoughts and creations.

I love this list and I too feel moved by watching The Secret.

Hugs and kisses

6:25 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I loved this line: I am honored that I can create beauty and send it off to the world. What a wonderful statement for an artist to make!

Just linked to your site from Madeleine's, and I really enjoyed reading your post. What a fascinating journey awaits you and your family. I'm sure you will all make the most of it, and what great inspiration it will bring to you as an artist! Can't wait to see the fruits of all this adventure!

Nice to meet you, Letha!

8:26 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

You should have seen my face when I read this. I was beaming!!

I am so proud of you, of being your friend and having the opportunity to watch you grow from child into woman.

Now I have another comrad to share in The Secret.

You are love, light, energy, bliss, creative thrill...so much more.

Love you!
Deni

11:46 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

oh, by the way...fricken AWESOME photograph girlie!

not only are you hot but i so dig the composition here.

xoxoxox!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Ali Ambrosio said...

Hi! I've been meaning to come over and comment for several days now, but this week has left me feeling a bit overwhelmed. Finally I've made it here, ready to say hello and give you a few thoughts of mine.

I love your artwork, first of all. How brave of you to paint these portraits and go through the accompanying emotional journey. I think they are wonderful, as are your photographs and clothes.

I think the idea of being a designer for clothes in Uganda is actually quite promising. If it is anything like Mozambique, there are plenty of people with disposable income, that are concerned about looking fashionable and hip, that appreciate creative work, and that unfortunately struggle to find clothese that are fabulous.

You should check out some of the labels in South Africa - they have amazing designers. My favorites are Ginger Mary and Stoned Cherrie. South Africa and Portugal are the cultural and fashion references here in Mozambique - I wonder what they will be in Uganda.

I think your son will have a great time, and will likely become part of a very diverse international community. As will you and your husband, I imagine.

Africa is very different from what I expected, and in many ways has been much harder than anything I was prepared for. It's been amazing as well, but it's an up and down journey.

Please feel free to e-mail me anytime if you want to chat about Africa or other things in more detail.

Good luck!

2:44 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this image...blowing the dust off the happiness...this is so powerful my dear.
such wonderful things to be thankful for...
you are such a blessing and i am so thankful for you my dear sweet friend.
love to you...

5:46 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

anyplace you inhabit
is going to be lucky to have you...
:)

and woohoo for getting the paintings
done and out...i'm sure they
are going to make some people
very very happy!
:)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I heard such deep gratitude in all of your words.

Acceptance
Willingness
and Love

I love you right back

xx d

10:35 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

You look so bewitching in this picture and this post - Letha, I was so happy to read it!! You seem so full and ready and happy and full of what's next. YAY, YOU!! What a great post. (and I'm sending your canvases happy thoughts so that they all go to nice new homes!! ) xo

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home