Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Self portrait Tuesday


Another self portrait in painting as emotion. This is another painting for my show, it is ALMOST done!!! I have spent all week, 8-11 hours a day working on it.

This show has taken a ton of time and energy for me to produce fewer pieces than I would usually do in the same ammount of time. I think it is because of the heavy emotional content of the works and their meanings, it is hard to be to productive when you are in the thick of the process. The show is a reflection of a journey of self discovery, analysis and putting myself back together that I have been on since my dad died last year. It has been an intense place to spend so much time, a heavy place, sometimes a light place when memories arise but always a loving place.

I hope you enjoy the painting!

9 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

amazing amazing painting...
wow!
:)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Beautiful Letha

Your work has this amazing qualiy to it. A signature all your own.

The journey has been a rough one, but one that will reap for you bounds of goodness.

love to you xxx darlene

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is so potent my dear, I can feel the emotions leaping out of my screen and I'm not even witnessing these paintings in person! Those folks at your show will be blown away, I have no doubt.

9:06 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

so much emotion on the surface...and then the layers and layers that come out as i look at it.

incredible.

i hope you are giving yourself some space from the emotion as well...

12:02 AM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

wow, Letha. That is truly stunning.
i've jsut been studying your gallery. you clever woman.

good luck with the show. it can't be anything but a success. :)

4:51 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

oh leth...this turned out beautifully.

i do believe this one is one of my favorites. gorgeous honey. the emotion, colors, texture are astounding.

well done, artist you.

love you,
deni

6:07 PM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

Beautiful work!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

god, how i wish i coudl come over and see your show. this so powerful, letha, and i understand so intimately the emotion behind your work (you know i do). channeling our emotions and grief into our work is so worthwhile - but bloody hell it hurts doesn't it? it's good to know you're feeling it too - makes me feel less alone on the path... love to you xx

11:54 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

This jumps out to YOU, all the emotions you captured, O! I wish I could paint like this dear girly! I wish I could come to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all your paintings! BRAVO!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home