Saturday, July 22, 2006

Phase I part I


Sometimes the only thing to do is stop running, turn, and bravely take the bull by the horns. For me, planning and ACTION help me to feel, heck I’ll just admit it, in control. I am aiming to be as prepared as possible for this new journey. So, I went and bought some books on Uganda (hard to find), Eastern Africa and some maps of Uganda.

Knowledge is power!!

Our life in Uganda is beginning to take shape in my minds eye. I am grateful for that.

I am beginning to research grants for businesses in Africa. I am hopeful I can create something that will give me a sense of purpose, a creative outlet, and allow me to help the community. I will share more as it unfolds.

I am going to try to convince my husband that I should go with him for the month of March. He will go alone in September and I would like to return with him on his next trip. I think it would help me to understand what I am undertaking and allow me to more accurately plan. I can see what resources are available to me in Kampala and what I will need to try to bring with me. He is worried about spending the $2000 for an extra ticket when, “I will be there in a few more months anyway”. I see it a little differently, I see it as an opportunity to be prepared and hit the ground running rather than having to take some time researching when I get there. I will continue to work on him.

I think it will help to chronicle our journey here. So, this is Phase 1, the planning and preparation phase. Over the next year, I will share the process as I try to mentally, emotionally, and physically plan to move my family, career and life to Uganda.

The Image is barrowed from www.Uganda.de and is of Lake Mutanda bei Kisoro

4 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

That is a beautiful photo.

I think what you are doing is wonderful-and your idea of going in March seems so logical. You will be able to create a vision of your life there-feel it and warm to it.

I can't wait to read about your journey.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

I agree with Thea, it makes absolute sense to me for you to go there in March and start preparing the way - literally and psychologically! wow, honey, this is HUGE - it's going to be amazing to watch it unfold, and i can't wait to get on the plane and come visit you guys - i loved my time in Kenya, so i can't wait to see what Uganda is like - love to you, you brave intrepid woman you x

4:50 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

i can envision your journey unfolding and i see so much adventure and success and lives being touched by you over there.

i think we all need to get Tay on a conference call. your bloggie tribe will convince him!! hee hee.

it was perfectly wonderful talking with you yesterday. i loved hearing of your plans in Uganda. i love that you are taking this opportunity to flourish as an artist, while at the same time, helping the locals flourish as well.

you have a big juicy heart and a brilliant mind.

love you,
deni

8:55 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

The steps of your journey have been taken, you will be prepared and each moment will enrich you beyond words. What a glorious tale in your tomorrow, and what wonderful encouragement as you prepare today! I cannot wait to turn the pages each day and read your story!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home